Understanding your health better
Maintaining glucose levels within the normal range is vitally important for good health.
Glucose, also known as blood sugar, Is the main source of energy used by the body.
The SureSlim Eating Plan helps control the natural production of insulin and this in turn regulates the amount of glucose in the blood.
Insulin is a hormone that helps the body control the amount of glucose in the blood. It is produced in the pancreas and released into the blood when the level of glucose in the blood rises.
Other interesting facts relating to glucose:
· It belongs to the group of foods known as carbohydrates which include sugar and starch.
· It can be absorbed directly into the blood because it has a simple chemical structure.
· It is the main source of fuel for all the body’s functions.
· Glucose levels always rise after a meal containing carbohydrates because it is the end
product of carbohydrate digestion.
· These levels return to normal as the glucose is used up or stored.
· Our bodies maintain the ideal level of glucose by storing extra glucose in the liver as